Saturday 23 November 2013

An adventure

Today I went on a little adventure. I hopped in my car and off I set driving. I didn't know where I was going and I didn't really care, I was just out looking for photo opportunities. I remembered one place that I had spotted a few weeks ago which would have been the perfect photo, but I didn't have chance to stop. So I attempted to go and find it, and took photos along the way. Finally I did find it and I was too late, the majority of the leaves had fallen from the trees and so the amazingly autumnal scene I once had seen looked a lot more dreary and wintery than before.

After that disappointment, I looked over to my right and saw something I was looking to take a picture of, but figured I would never find it. My dad had taken a picture before like this whilst we were driving through Austria, and it's stuck with me ever since. Mine is a lot less impressive, but it's nice to see things like that, that remind you of things you have done.

Eventually after finding only a few things to shoot I headed home disappointed with the days haul, but happy with the memory that I had rekindled.

Anyway, here are the photos of the day:

The road that I stopped on to take some pictures...

 Some woodland shots...



 This is the shot I was looking for, and you can probably imagine that a couple of weeks ago it was full of leaves on the trees - now they have all fallen to the floor. Boooooo!


This is the photo that was inspired by my dad's photo in Austria. Nowhere near as good, but I still like it.

More logs...


I was a little naughty going to get the log shots too, seen as I jumped over the fence right next to this sign to go get them. oops!

For some of these photos I used my Gorilla Pod, so don't forget to enter my competition where you can win one for yourself!
 photo giveaway_zpsafcde469.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Incredible photos - the colours and textures are just amazing. My favourite is the shot of the ground completely covered in leaves!
    Saida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah that was the photo which would have been even better a couple weeks ago as there were leaves all over the floor and on the trees, it was amazing!

      Guy

      Delete
  2. Wow you've got some gorgeous photos here, I especially love the one of the tops of the logs!

    hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! Yeah I do like that one, just my dad has a better one so from now on every time I see a pile of logs I'm going to have to go and try get it!

      Delete