Sunday 17 November 2013

The German Markets

I was going to make a joke with the title there, but I thought I best not...

Anyway.... yesterday, me and my girlfriend went to Leeds to go and have a browse round the german markets. I love the german markets, they're just so much fun, and last year in Manchester I went quite a few times with people from work to go and get a drink or two, or five. This year however in Leeds, it was so busy! And the walkways were tiny so everything was so crowded. And to add to that, I generally hate people. Not in a nasty way, I only really hate people as a whole, in general they are rude and annoying. People in an individual sense and small groups are fine and everyone is great that way. I may be a little grumpy...
But at the markets it was people as a whole. People who barged past, people who shoved me in my back, people who knocked me etc. So the markets wern't really too much of a success. And as we are both students this year, £4 for a small mug of mulled wine was a definite no! We actually drove back home and got a whole bottle for £3.49, wahey!

I did however take some pictures at the german market, and of other things around Leeds that were starting to look christmassy. So here they are..

Xmas lights in a shooping centre...

And the standard blurry xmas lights photo to follow...

Outside of the Town Hall. Someone had actually just got married when we walked past so they were having their wedding photos taken, pretty cool!

These yummy things are filled with marshmallow! They taste great but are so sickly!

 There was a carousel ...

And this cheeky chappy is made from solid beeswax and I thought he looked ace!




No comments:

Post a Comment