Wednesday 11 December 2013

Swanning about

Today I went to a reservoir called Charnwood Water over here in Loughborough as I am struggling with work so really needed a break. Just a ten minute drive from mine, I thought it would be perfect to just pop over and see what I could snap! When I got there I found that there were loads of birds!

Now birds for me have been notoriously difficult to photograph, and I knew it would be a challenge, but with there being so many I thought I had to give it a go. As I only have a reasonably short lens at the moment (14-42mm) I had to get pretty close to take a good photograph. Now those of you who know what swans are like, this was pretty scary! Swans have a nasty bite on them and if they hit you with their wings then they have enough power to break your arm! The things you go through to get a good photo! Anyway, off I went and crept as close as I could and took some photos, before they noticed me and started to walk angrily towards me! I did this quite a few times until I lost my nerve and went away to take some photos of other thinks around the reservoir. These will appear within this week as some more posts!

When I had taken another dose of 'Man-up' I went for a few more snaps of them! Here are the results of the day!


Just after being fed by some other passers by!

Headless swans!? I don't really like this photo too much as I think the green plant at the bottom kind of spoils it, but I took the chance with them all with their heads underwater to take this snap as it looked so strange!

I like this as you can see the water droplets on it's head and neck after diving under.

A couple more pics with just water in the background, nice and simple!


Keep your eye out for the other posts from the same day coming soon!

Don't forget to enter my competition where you can win one of these for yourself!
 photo giveaway_zpsafcde469.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment