Friday 28 February 2014

Playing with my new lens

On Monday it was my birthday! Yay! This obviously means I am a year older now, but it also meant that I got presents! Woooo! I have been wanting a new lens for so long now as my interest in photography has been growing, so finally this birthday I got one! I did know I was going to get it though as I bought it myself from Ebay for less than 50% of the original price, and it is in mint condition! I love a bargain!

The lens that I got was a 45-200mm telephoto zoom lens, so it is perfect for the close ups that I love doing, without having to get extremely close to the subject, like I used to have to do with my 14-42mm lens.

It is also great for wildlife shots as you don't scare them trying to get close to them, so when I get the chance to go out and about in the woods this summer, hopefully I can get some great snaps.

It's such a great present though as it will get so much use! Thanks parents! Alongside this I also got a camera backpack to hold all of my equipment from them. Sadly this was too small for me but another one is already on its way! This also comes with a tripod holder on the outside, so I am in the process of buying one of those too, to go along side my Gorilla pod.

Keep an eye out for my soon-to-be updated 'Camera' page when it all arrives to see my new stash!

Here are the first photos I took on my new lens, in a field across the road from me:








This was shared on:


Dear Harper

9 comments:

  1. I love the top photo, Guy! The colors are great and it reminds me of something you'd see in a Dr. Seuss book :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture! My favorites are the 1st and the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top photo is great! And a very Happy Birthday to you!

    Cheers,
    Alyson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Alyson, I was a very lucky boy!

      Delete
  4. I'm envious of your new camera lens, looking forward to seeing more wildlife pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can't wait for the opportunity to go out and take some snaps!

      Delete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you will get lots of use out of your gifts. Can't wait to see what else you do with your new lens :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah already been out a few times now, including today so got lots of new ways to photograph stuff, it's exciting! Want to go out everyday now! Ha

      Delete